Medical Cancellation Refund
Receive a full refund of airfare and taxes in the event of sudden illness, death or hospitalisation of yourself or a close relative, prior to departure.
How it works
Add the product to your booking.
Contact us to request flight cancellation.
For this product you will only be covered in the event of sudden illness, death or hospitalisation of yourself or a close relative. (We use the term “close relative” to refer to a husband, wife, partner, child or grandchild, brother, sister and a parent or grandparent.)
Receive a full refund of airfare and taxes.
Where the airlines will not refund your airfare and taxes in the event of sudden illness, this product provides you with peace of mind that should this happen to you we guarantee a full refund of airfare and taxes.
Terms and conditions
- The product must be purchased at the time of booking your ticket. It is not possible to add it afterwards.
- The processing fees are charged per person.
- The product is only valid for flights cancelled before outbound travel has commenced. You will not be covered if you wish to cancel a flight during your journey, or after a flight has already been flown.
- To qualify for the full refund of airfare and taxes due to medical cancellation, official proof (in the form of at least one required document listed below) must be provided to Travelstart within a week of cancellation.
- Required documents:
- Any registered GP, Dentist, Surgeon or Specialised Physician's note containing a practice number stating you (or any other passenger in the booking) are unable to fly over specified travel dates.
- Hospital admission or discharge form stating you (or any other passenger in the booking) are unable to fly over specified travel dates.
- Death certificate of any passenger in the booking or their close relative as defined above
- To qualify for the refund of airfare and taxes, the refund needs to be requested at least 48 hours prior to departure.
- Should you be refunded, we will only refund the airfare and taxes.
- Please note that processing time of your refund may take up to 6 – 8 weeks.
- This service does not cover airline cancellation, liquidation / suspension, car or hotel reservations.
- This service excludes epidemics, pandemics, disease outbreaks, state declared emergencies or regulation changes to your country of departure/arrival.
- We reserve our right to amend the fees charged at any time to make provision for airline changes.
- This is a non-refundable and non-transferable product.