Location: Travelstart Head Office based in Cape Town.
Please respond to: [email protected]
Travelstart is developing a new User Interface employing Mobile First design practice comprising an Angular Single Page WebApp. We’re looking for an experienced web developer having strong UI and architectural skills associated with data-driven applications. Candidate should have expertise in Angular mobile applications. If you think you’re a good fit and are interested in building something highly configurable and really innovative, please shoot us an email.
The key deliverables in this role will be to:
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components;
- Ensuring a clear dependency chain, in regard to the app logic as well as the file system;
- Ability to provide SEO solutions for single page apps;
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system;
- Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback;
- Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading when needed; and
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core AngularJS.
Listed below are the minimum requirements with regards to skills, competencies and abilities needed for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science or related field
- General knowledge of back-end web development;
- Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
- HTML5, CSS2/3 (including animations), JQuery;
- Deep knowledge of AngularJS practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience;
- Deep knowledge in at least 1 Responsive Framework (Bootstrap, Toast, Less); and
- Knowledge in Sass and at least 1 Framework built on it (Compass, Bourbon, Susy).
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience working with front-end web development of custom web content (This should be custom HTML/CSS and animations, NOT Wordpress, CMS based, or template based work); and
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience working with data backed front-end web applications (REST, Soap, etc;
We are looking for a Angular Developer who will fit into the Travelstart family. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Perfectionism when it comes to code quality;
- Commitment to following development “best practices”, with code-reviews, unit tests, etc;
- Passion for developing a simple, clean, and attractive UI/front-end;
- Confidence that your talent is significantly above your peers and competitors;
- A willingness to embrace the concept of iterative development as the means for building excellent products;
- And obsessive commitment to quality and an eye for detail;
- You are proud of what you build;
- Love for the travel industry;
- Willing to take the right risk;
- Ideas generator; and
- Meet requirements but continually exceed expectations.
To apply for this awesome opportunity please send us your motivation letter (no more than ½ page) and 3 page CV to [email protected] Please include a copy of your academic certificate and transcript (marks). The reference for this opportunity is “Angular Developer” please insert this into the subject line of your email application.
Any applicants not meeting the minimum requirements will not receive a response.
Please note that we reserve to right to amend, freeze the role or not hire. The final appointment will be at the discretion of Travelstart.