Location: Travelstart Head Office based in Cape Town.
Please respond to: email@example.com
The Systems Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling a productive and efficient environment for internal staff. Assists project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
The key deliverables in this role will be to:
- Monitor system performance;
- Maintain and monitor network security;
- Maintain system backups;
- Automate Infrastructure;
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and network issues;
- Documenting configurations, server and system processes, all production changes; and
- Assist in the administration and installation of production server equipment.
Listed below are the minimum requirements with regards to skills, competencies and abilities needed for this role:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with Linux and Windows Server environments;;
- Experience working with configuration management tools like Chef/Puppet;
- Experience working in a development environment;
- Good understanding of TCP/IP suite (SMTP, HTTP, POP, IMAP etc.);
- Scripting language (BASH,Python,Ruby);
- Experience administrating MySQL or PostgreSQL;
- Experience installing and administering network firewalls, routers and load balancers;
- Experience working with VMware vSphere; and
- Experience working with cloud solutions like AWS .
We are looking for a Systems Administrator who will fit into the Travelstart family. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Passionate and self-driven;
- Attention to detail;
- Love for the travel industry;
- Willing to take the right risk;
- Ideas generator; and
- Meet requirements but continually exceed expectations.
To apply for this awesome opportunity please send us your motivation letter (no more than ½ page) and 3 page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include a copy of your academic certificate and transcript (marks). The reference for this opportunity is “Systems Administrator” please insert this into the subject line of your email application.
Any applicants not meeting the minimum requirements will not receive a response.
Please note that we reserve to right to amend, freeze the role or not hire. The final appointment will be at the discretion of Travelstart.