Fly To Sharm El Sheikh
Cheap Flights to Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El-Sheikh, widely known as the city of peace, is an Egyptian city located on the southern tip of Sinai on the Gulf of Aqaba.
With sunshine, warm waters, and dry climate all year long, Sharm makes a good destination for relaxing. It’s a place with various diving sites and beaches that anyone can enjoy, what else can you ask for, it’s sea and fresh air any time you want. Besides diving, snorkeling, sailing, wind and kite-surfing, you can even try sky diving or parachuting from a helicopter.
The city features a mountainous desert landscape surrounding with various colors and vast horizons making it ideal for safari trips and hiking adventures.
Besides Restaurants, shopping malls and bazaars, the city has a very flourishing nightlife.
When in Sharm Nabq protected area is definitely worth visiting. Located on the narrowest part of the Gulf of Aqaba, having a significant stand of Egypt's Mangrove resources where you’ll find plenty of marine creatures living and breeding within the Mangrove root systems. Nabq's inland is a complex intact mountainous wilderness, inhabited by diverse wildlife. Nabq includes several endangered species like marine turtles, Sharks, Dugong, Osprey, White-eyed Gull ,Dorcas Gazelle, and Nubian Ibex, thus offering interesting attractions for eco-tourists.
Diving and snorkeling are a must-do. Snorkeling is best done at The Turtle Bay where you can observe turtles in their natural habitat besides many beautiful coral formations, including soft coral gardens, salad corals and several marine creatures. The bay can be found in the north of Ras Um-Sid.
To the south of Sharm you can go to Ras Muhammad, one of the most famous diving sites in the world and an ideal place for underwater photography. Beneath its clear waters you'll find coral reefs teeming with life. Various marine creatures including Dolphins, Tunas, Barracudas, Jackfish and even Sharks can be spotted. Many other diving sites exist in Sharm including and not limited to Agia Varvara wreck site, Jackson reef, Ras Ghozlani and The Tower.
From Naama Bay you can go parasailing, glided by a boat and floating on the wind above the sea; a chance to enjoy a panoramic sight of the surrounding coast and Sinai Mountains.
Water skiing is another activity you may like. Sharm El-Maya is a favored spot among water skiers. Located in a mountainous surrounding where the area is almost completely sheltered from the winds, thus offering a chance for a trouble-free water skiing experience.
With top worldwide DJs performing and lots of bars and nightclubs, Sharm offers several partying options including pool parties, foam parties and theme nights. You'll have the chance to drink, dance and have more fun than you wished for.
- Time Zone: UTC+2. Daylight saving time is UTC+3 and starts in April and ends in September.
- Currency: Egyptian Pound equivalent to 100 piasters. US Dollars and Euros are widely accepted.
- Dialing Code: 069 from inside Egypt. Add country code +2 to call from outside Egypt.
- Official Language: Arabic. English, Russian and Italian are widely spoken.
- Police Rescue: 122.
Serving the southern coast of Sinai; Sharm El-Sheikh airport is the air gate to some of the best cities and resorts on the Red Sea. Throughout the airport you will find souvenir & jewelery shops, a bookstore, duty-free shops and a few nice bazaars where you can pick a good gift. The airport is 20 minutes away from downtown. Many facilities are available at the airport as follows:
- Food and beverage: There are several cafés and snack shops around the airport. If you're looking for a fulfilling meal; many restaurants serve local dishes, international dishes and fast food as well.
- Currency Exchange: In addition to ATMs; several currency exchange and banking facilities exist throughout the airport.
- Lost Luggage: Lost luggage should be handled by your airline’s help desk. There is a lost luggage office at the arrival area where you should report your case.
- Car hire: Thrifty, Hertz and Sixt. Tourist taxis, regular taxis and public minibuses are also available.
- Airport Hotels: None on site. Nearby: Four Seasons Resort, Sheraton Sharm Hotel and Concorde El Salam Hotel.
- Airport Hub: Sharm El-Sheikh Intenational Airport (code SSH) is a hub for EgyptAir.