Fly To New York City, USA
According Alicia Keys, New York is the concrete jungle that dreams are made of, and with Travelstart these dreams can come true. With the iconic skyline; central park, which has been the set for hundreds of movies; and the huge number of shopping opportunities, it really is the city of dreams.
Why visit New York?
- Don’t visit New York and forget Times Square! If anything exciting is happening, this is the place where it will be at!
- Take in the world’s largest inner-city park: Central Park. It even has its own zoo!
- Food and Culture! From Broadway to hot dogs, you can have the full American experience here!
( +1 hour for Daylight Savings time )
Weather in New York varies considerably, being warm to hot in summer and cold and damp in winter. It is a fantastic city to visit all year round, however. You can spend warm summer days in the parks, or do your Christmas shopping in the snow.
Whilst New York City is a metropolis of nationalities and languages, American English is the most spoken followed by Spanish, Chinese, French and Russian.
The New York accent is considered the most recognisable accent in America and, although you may need to google a few slang words, you will be able to understand most of the chatter.
- New York City has 14 miles of beaches
- New York has five zoos run by the Wildlife Conservation Society
- Scarlett Johansson and Tom Cruise are two famous New Yorkers who were born in the city
- The statue of Liberty is on an island and the exterior is made of copper, which turned green over the course of many years
- It is the most linguistically diverse city in the world
- New York is the most photographed city in the world due to its beauty and uniqueness
- It is known as the cultural capital of the world
- The city has beautiful architecture in all styles, some of which date back almost 500 years
A city pass will help you to get the most out of your stay in New York. A New York Pass gives you free entry to over 80 top attractions, including the beautiful Botanical gardens and the American Museum of Natural History, with fast track entry at the 15 busiest attractions and the ability to book tours in advance. The pass can be bought in 6 different durations so that you are not paying for days you do not use. A Broadway show is a great night out, but just walking down the street in New York is an experience in itself, with the iconic yellow taxis and street vendors selling all kinds of food.
New York is filled with thousands of fantastic places to eat, and with the subway and other transport links you will be able to experience many wonderful restaurants and cafes.
Whilst most New Yorkers consider themselves to be Christian, there are also significant Jewish, Muslim and Buddhist populations.
|Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant||EG£ 35||EG£ 33||EG£ 141|
|Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught)||EG£ 11||EG£ 10||EG£ 47|
|Cappuccino (regular)||EG£ 17||EG£ 17||EG£ 33|
|Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff)||EG£ 2||EG£ 5||EG£ 12|
|Pack of Cigarettes (Marlboro)||EG£ 22||EG£ 21||EG£ 102|
The information on this page is correct as of September 2015. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart.com.eg takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.