Fly To Luxor
Cheap Flights to Luxor
Beside the fact that one of the most famous hotels in Las Vegas is named after the city, Luxor is known for displaying the highest percentage of monuments and antiques in the whole world. When the Arabs conquered Luxor and noticed the huge amount of Pharaoh Statues, Temples and Antiques there, they named it “Luxor” which is plural of palace in Arabic.
Your vacation to Luxor will be enriching and revealing of how history has always been replayed, but with different concepts and names. Get lost at the ancient temples, and learn stories about a rich civilization that will entice your curiosity to research over and over about the Pharos’ secrets of greatness.
You can fly straight to Luxor or, but if you want to make things more exciting, take a Nile cruise all the way till there.
The weather in Luxor is very warm in the morning and very cold at night. The best time to visit is between November and April where it is winter and spring to enjoy the city at its best.
- The temple of Karnak was the largest and most important temple at that time. The highlight of this temple is the Hypostile Hall in the Great Temple of Amun . The temple is really huge with great sanctuaries and obelisks especially engraved for the love of God of Theban. There is also sound and light performances at night.
- There are 50 Temples and Valleys that make Luxor stand out; but if you are not staying for long, unfortunately you have to pick. Temple of Hatshepsut at Deir El-Bahari, Valley of the Kings, Valley of the Queens, The Colossi of Memnon, Temple of Medinat Habu, Temple of Luxor, Valley of the Artisans (Deir el-Medina), Tomb of Merenptah, Tomb of Ramses III, Avenue of Sphinxes, Obelisk of Thutmoses I, Colossi of Memnon are on the top of the list of the things that you should not miss.
- To satisfy your appetite after a long day of wandering around the Pharaonic treasures, there is The Lantern restaurant that offers good food, for Italian pizza you can give it a shot at Pizza Roma, last but not least Gerda’s garden is a lovely place to eat in.
- Official Language: Arabic. English is widely spoken.
- Time Zone: UTC+2. Daylight saving time is UTC+3 starts in April, ends in September.
- Currency: Egyptian Pound equivalent to 100 piasters.
- Dialing Code: 095 from inside Egypt. Add country code +2 to call from outside Egypt.
- Driving: With your national driving license you can drive within all of the cities.
- Food and beverage: You will find the a coffee shop at the airport which offers sandwiches and drinks.
- Currency Exchange: Currency exchange outlets can be found in downtown.
- Lost Luggage: Lost Luggage must be handled by your individual airline’s help desk. In case you have any inquiries about lost/found inside the airport you can head to the information desk at the airport.
- How to get to the City Center: Taxis are the best way to move to the city center.
- Airport Hotels: you will find all the good hotels down town. Hilton Luxor Resort and Spa and Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor are considered two of the best hotels in Luxor.
- Airport Hub: Luxor International Airport (code LXR) is the hub of Egypt Air Airlines.