Fly To Southampton, England
Southampton has been a settlement since Roman and Saxon times,this magnificent place has a rich history .The city of Southampton is not only one the hometown for football team Southampton F.C but they are one of the oldest towns in England.
Whether you are visiting the city for the first time or you consider yourself a regular visitor in Southampton, this place is guaranteed to be an enjoyable experience. Southampton is considered to be the largest city in Hampshire with many offerings and sight seeing hotspots this is a must-see destination.
Book the cheapest flights with Travelstart and see the marvellous wonders of Southampton today!
Why visit Southampton?
- They have the greatest advantage of being in the most convenient location on the South Coast!
- It is a vibrant city and one of the premier sailing locations in Europe!
- Music lovers and culture fanatics will surely be able to find a great deal of arty events in the city!
Southampton's climate remains that of an oceanic climate, it is considered to be one of the warmer cities in the United Kingdom. The best times to visit this city would be in Summer (June- August) the whether is fairly warm around that time. In Spring (March-May) is also a good time to visit Southampton,as the city's flowers start blooming under clear skies, and it is definitely a sight to see.
English (British English) is the official language in Southampton
- This city is home to one of the longest surviving stretch of medieval walls in England.
- Southampton was devastated by bombing during the Second World War, and that is why most of the architecture in this city is so modern.
- • This city has grown rapidly in the past 30 years and this made them on of the twenty largest cities in England.
Whether you are into art, music, food, football, or simply just relaxing, Southampton has something for you. The Southampton City Art Gallery is an internationally renowned gallery that captures art in many forms and variations, and for those art lovers this is definitely something you need to check-out.
Southampton has so much to offer the only problem you would have is whether you have enough time to see all these sights and attractions.
Southampton will have something to tantalise everyone's taste buds with a range of popular bars, pubs, coffee houses and fine dining restaurants. Two famously loved restaurants in Southampton is Quay FIFTEEN and Greg's Bistro-they provide local dishes that will leave your mouth watering.
Christianity remains the largest religion followed in Southampton, with a mixture of Muslims, Hindus, Jews, and Buddhists. This is a conservative city but nothing out of the ordinary.
The crime rate in Southampton is very high but like any city, there are safe areas there are bad areas locals and visitors need to be aware and cautious where ever they are.
For Egyptian passport holders there is one way to obtain your UK Visa in Egpyt and that is through the British Embassy in Cairo.
Contrary to popular belief, your air ticket doesn’t have to be purchased prior to applying for your UK Visa. However, your return air ticket reservation will help motivate your UK Visa application.
The basic checklist for a UK Tourist Visa is as follows; however, supporting documents are submitted at your discretion and may differ according to the type of Visa you are applying for.
- Your current passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of your departure and at least 2 blank pages.
- Your old passport (if possible) to show your travel history and previous UK Visa’s (if any).
- Your London flight ticket (optional).
- A signed letter from your UK host inviting you to stay. Alternatively, confirmation of your booked hotel accommodation in the UK.
- A signed letter (on company letterhead) from your employer stating you are currently employed and will be returning to your job after your trip to London.
- Proof of residential address (recent utilities bill or letter from your landlord will suffice).
The price of the UK Visa depends on the exchange rate at the time of applying.
The Egyptian embassy to the United Kingdom is located in London.
Address: No. 2 Lowndes Street London, SW1X 9ET United Kingdom.
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7235 9777
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7235 5684
Southampton airport is an international airport in the Borough of Eastleigh in Hampshire, England.Food and drink
There is a small selection of eating and shopping facilities located in the main terminal and the departure lounge. The restaurants include The Globe, The Olive Tree, and Costa Coffee.Currency Exchange
There are cash machines that are made available to the public within the airport they consist of the Moneycorp bureau de change and WDF (World Duty Free).Lost luggage
If you lose items while you are at the airport, you should go to the Swissport desk in the check-in area. There is a £5.00 service and storage charge per item is applicable for items not collected from the Swissport desk on the same day that they were handed in.Airport Hotels
The hotels that are near the airport include Premier Inn Southampton Airport, Concorde Club, Premier Inn Eastleigh, Travelodge Eastleigh, and Hilton Southampton.Car Hire
Alamo, Europcar, Hertz, National Car Rental, Avis, Budget, and Enterprise Rent-A-Car are the car providers at Southampton Airport.Airport Hub Southampton Airport (code:SOU) is a hub for Stobart Air, Aurigny Air Services, Austrian Airlines, Eastern Airways, Evelop Airlines, Blue Islands, Flybe Germania, KLM, VLM Airlines, and Volotea.
The information on this page is correct as of January 2016. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart.com.eg takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.