Fly To Liverpool, England
Liverpool is in the south west of Lancashire, this historic country is located in the north west of England.
This coastal city is situated where the River Mersery meets the Irish Sea, and if that does not intrigue you then maybe the fact that it is the hometown of The Beatles will entice you.
Book the cheapest flights to Liverpool tickets with Travelstart now!
Why visit Liverpool?
- Liverpool was labelled the 'World Capital City of Pop' by Guinness World Records, the popularity of major music groups that came from Liverpool contributes to their status as a tourist destination!
- Liverpool's residents are some of the most friendly, funniest and down-to-earth individuals, their great hospitality would make Liverpool the best place to visit if you keen on having a good time!
- Liverpool is a town filled with great people, a rich heritage and architectural buildings that is a sight you would need to see and experience in person in order to appreciate, it is really worth the trip!
Liverpool is known for having relatively cool summers and mild winters. Liverpool just like the rest of the British Isles does lack a regular snowy winter, in spite of its geographically northerly location.
English (British English) is the most spoken language in Liverpool. There are tourists that come and visit as well as stay in Liverpool so there are other languages like Arabic, French, Hindi and Vietnamese just to name a few that are spoke in and around Liverpool.
- Liverpool is one of the few cities in UK with two cathedrals, one of them is and Anglican one which is one of the largest in Europe.
- Liverpool is the home-town to The Beatles. Its pop and rock music scene has been important in the development.
- Liverpool is the most successful footballing city in England, it is home to both Liverpool and Everton.
Liverpool is not only the birthplace of The Beatles but it is also known as the cultural capital. From having a proud sporting history and scenic locations there are so many world-class attractions and sights that will not leave you disappointed.
The amazing Formby natural coast and the Wirrai Peninsula has beaches and countrysides that are a perfect escape to just relax and enjoy what this town has to offer.
Liverpool city's dining scene is fantastically varied, local produce is of very high standard. The locals favourite dish is something called scouse-it is a tasty stew of meat and vegetables.
This famous dish is also how the people of London got their nickname 'Scousers'. The Brink which is UK' first dry bar and café is the place where you would find this famous dish, they are known for serving a selection of locally sourced fresh food.
This city is known to be one of England's most Catholic cities. They have a Catholic population much larger than in other parts of England. But, Liverpool has a large lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender/transsexual and it is one of the UK's only official gay quarter.
Liverpool in 2012 was stated to be the second safest UK city to live in. For tourists and locals this is considered to be a very safe town even till this day when compared to other destinations in England.
For Egyptian passport holders there is one way to obtain your UK Visa in Egpyt and that is through the British Embassy in Cairo.
Contrary to popular belief, your air ticket doesn’t have to be purchased prior to applying for your UK Visa. However, your return air ticket reservation will help motivate your UK Visa application.
The basic checklist for a UK Tourist Visa is as follows; however, supporting documents are submitted at your discretion and may differ according to the type of Visa you are applying for.
- Your current passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of your departure and at least 2 blank pages.
- Your old passport (if possible) to show your travel history and previous UK Visa’s (if any).
- Your London flight ticket (optional).
- A signed letter from your UK host inviting you to stay. Alternatively, confirmation of your booked hotel accommodation in the UK.
- A signed letter (on company letterhead) from your employer stating you are currently employed and will be returning to your job after your trip to London.
- Proof of residential address (recent utilities bill or letter from your landlord will suffice).
The price of the UK Visa depends on the exchange rate at the time of applying.
The Egyptian embassy to the United Kingdom is located in London.
Address: No. 2 Lowndes Street London, SW1X 9ET United Kingdom.
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7235 9777
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7235 5684
Liverpool John Lennon Airport is an international airport serving North West England. This airport is located within the city of Liverpool, it is named after Liverpudlian musician John Lennon of The Beatles.Food and drink
When it comes to restaurants there are many choices made available to travellers. The places that can be found in the airport consist of Kissing Café, Burger King, Subway, Starbucks, The Estuary Bar, Frankie and Benny's, and Caffé Ritazza, Joe's coffee house, and JD Wetherspoon.Currency Exchange
The few currency exchange offices in the airport is Travelex, Bureaux De Change and Foreign Exchange.Lost luggage
Any lost luggage or property found in and around the terminal will be held at the Information Desk. All items are kept for 30 days from the date they are handed in, of not collected they will be disposed of or auctioned for charity.
There is a reclaim charge of £4.00 on collection. Lost property can be collected between the hours of 8am-6am. For more information you can contact airport services (Telephone: 0151 907 2001/ email: firstname.lastname@example.org .)Airport Hotels There are many hotels that can be found near the airport,they include: The Hampton John Lennon Hotel, Holiday Inn Ellesmere Port/ Cheshire Oaks, Holiday Inn Express Liverpool John Lennon Airport, Crowne Plaza Liverpool, and Gateway Lodge. Car Hire
The few car rental providers the main ones consist of Avis, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Hertz Car Rental, Green motion and Europcar.
The information on this page is correct as of January 2016. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart.co.eg takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.