Fly To Doha, Qatar
The city of Doha is located Qatar, one of the world's richest countries. This magnificent place is surrounded by one of the few deserts in the world where the golden dunes magically fall into the sea; one of the main reasons why this destination should be on every explorer’s wish-list. Located in one of the world's richest countries Doha has so much to offer - from a thriving artistic centre, to both natural & beautiful sights and attractions, and not forgetting great food that will take your taste buds on an enchanting journey.
Why visit Doha?
- Experience a culturally rich city, filled with amazing attractions & sights that are hard to find anywhere else in the world!
- For many reasons Doha is considered to be the shining jewel of Qatar, reasons that are only truly understood once you visited this amazing city!
- If you are seeking diversity or a new and exciting cultural experience, then Doha should be your destination of choice.
The official language in Doha is Arabic, but English is also a commonly spoken language by many Qatari people.
Doha is known for having a climate that is primarily arid as this city is located in the Arabian Peninsula desert region, where the temperature is known for reaching temperatures of over 40 °C in summer.
Doha experiences very pleasant winters that is characterized by the occasional shower. Winter time which is during October-May, has been considered the best time to visit as it is not freezing cold so you are still able to head outdoors and experience this beautiful city.
The peak season for Doha is between May-September as these are the hottest months and most tourists are on holiday. A word of warning though, prices do tend to increase over this period.
- This city is known for having the hottest desert climate in Qatar.
- The most popular sport in Doha is Football.
- Doha has been said to possibly eclipse Dubai as the Gulf's most dynamic city.
Being the jewel of Qatar, Doha is a city that definitely has an array of interesting sights and attractions. Places like Doha Corniche which boasts amazing natural green surroundings and architecture has become the most attractive part of Doha.
In 2015 Doha was officially recognised as one of the New 7 Wonder Cities of the World, also included in this list were Vigan, La Paz, Durban, Havana, Beirut, and Kuala Lumpur. This type of recognition has increased the amount of tourist visits to famous sights such as the:
- Arab Museum of Modern Art ,
- Souq Waqif,
- The Museum of Islamic Art,
- The Pearl-Qatar, and
- Villaggio Mall – one of Doha’s shopping hot spots.
There is so much diversity in this city which is evident in Doha’s large variety of cuisine on offer. The restaurants of Doha are not only influenced by the Middle Eastern tradition but also specialise in Koren, Indian, Thai, and Italian flavours.
We recommend the following restaurants in Doha as that would satisfy any craving a hungry touris would have:
- The Cellar,
- Ruby Wu's,
Qatar is one of the safest places in the world. Both visitors and residents have the opportunity to enjoy this amazing city with its friendly and welcoming nature.
Doha residents are extremely conservative, the majority of the population are Muslim but a big portion of people follow the Catholic religion.
Men and woman travellers should dress modestly as a courtesy to both Qataris and Muslims. Certain attire like swimsuits and beachwear are acceptable at the hotel beaches, but it is not appropriate to reveal too much skin in other public areas.
Due to religious reasons there are restrictions on the sale of alcohol.
|Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant||EGP 35||EGP 30||EGP 65|
|Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught)||EGP 11||EGP 10||EGP 97|
|Cappuccino (regular)||EGP 17||EGP 14||EGP 34|
|Taxi 1km (Normal Tariff)||EGP 2||EGP 5||EGP 3|
|Pack of Cigarettes (Marlboro)||EGP 24||EGP 25||EGP 22|
- Egyptian regular Passport holders need a Visa to visit Doha and Qatar in general. Qatar issues many types of Visas including Tourist and Business Visas.
- Providing the required travel documents, you can obtain your Qatari Tourist Visa through a local travel agency. For more information you can contact the Qatari embassy in Egypt at 10 El Themar St., Mohandeseen, Giza ; Tel: +202.3760.4693.
- The Egyptian Embassy in Doha is located at: Diplomatic Zone, Doha, Qatar. PO Box 2899. Working days: Sunday through Thursday 9 am to 3:30 pm. Tel: +974.4483.2115.
The Egyptian embassy in Doha can be contacted via the following channels:
- Head of Mission: Mr Walid Hajaj, Chargé d'Affaires a.i.
West Bay, Diplomatic Area
- Telephone: (+974) 4483 2424
- Fax: (+974) 4483 2196
- Email: email@example.com
Hamad International Airport (code: DOH) is the international airport for Doha, previously known Doha International Airport as Qatars airport.
Food and beverages: The are many restaurants that are located within the airport they consist of Burger King, Argo Tea, Azka, Camden Food, Eat Street, Farggi, In-Q café, Jamocha café, RED, Red Mango, and SOHO Coffee.
Exchange currency: There are four currency exchange kiosks located across the passenger terminal within the airport.
Lost luggage: If you lost any item of luggage you should contact an airline representative at the nearest information desk for assistance.
Airport hotel: There is a hotel located at the airport (The Airport Hotel), the hotels that are located near the airport include Kingsgate Hotel Doha, Al Bustan Hotel, Oryx Rotana Doha, and Doha Marriott Hotel.
Car hire: The main car hire dealerships that are located at the airport include Europcar, Avis,Hertz, Oasis, Budget, Mustafawi, Al Muftah, and Sixt.
Airport hub: Hamad International Airport (code: DOH) is a hub for Qatar Airways.