Fly To Bucharest, Romania
Cheap Flights to Bucharest
Bucharest is the capital and largest city of Romania and its major center of culture, industry, and finance.
Located on the banks of the Dâmbovița River with several lakes and green gardens stretching across different parts of the city making it an attractive recreational destination.
Besides its colorful gardens and vast parks, Bucharest has a culture rich in stories, myths, theaters, museums, architecture and a deep extended history, that earned it the nickname of "Little Paris".
Egyptian passport holders need a visa to visit Bucharest and anywhere else in Romania. Apply with these documents to the Romanian embassy in Egypt, located at: 6, El-Kamel Mohamed Street, Zamalek, Cairo. Tel:+20227360107/+202 27359546. Working hours: Tuesday to Thursday from 10 am to 1 pm. And this is their website.
The Egyptian embassy in Romania is located in Bucharest at: Bulevardul Dacia, No. 67, Sector 1, 010407 Bucharest. Tel: +40212110938-39. Working hours: from 9:00 am till 5:00 pm.
- Take a Bucharest - Hop On/ Hop Off Sightseeing Bus Tour to get an introduction to Bucharest's architectural mix and be familiar with the city's central neighborhoods and major attractions.
- See the city's famous landmarks including Arcul de Triumf, Palace of the Parliament, The Romanian Athenaeum, The Press House and The Palace of Justice.
- Explore Bucharest's various museums like; National Museum of Art of Romania, National Museum of Contemporary Art, Museum of Romanian History, Military Museum, Jewish History Museum, Museum of the Romanian Peasant and the Open-air Village Museum.
- Enjoy a morning run or an afternoon walk with some fresh air and scenic views at Bucharest's vast gardens like Cișmigiu Gardens, Herăstrău Park and the Botanical Garden.
- Have a look at some of Bucharest's majestic churches including the Patriarchal Cathedral, Stavropoleos Church , Creţulescu Church and Princess Bălaşa Church.
- Walk up Calea Victoriei and discover Bucharest's oldest and most fashionable street, hosting many important landmarks including the Old Princely Court, the Cantacuzino Palace , the historical Revolution Square, the Military Club, and the National History Museum in addition to many traditional Romanian restaurants, bars & clubs.
- Visit Bran Castle, commonly known as "Dracula's Castle", one of the assumed homes of Dracula legend and vampire myths. Despite being located 140km from Bucharest, it's a not-to-miss place while in Romania.
- Time Zone: Eastern European Time (GMT+2) and (GMT+3) in summer.
- Currency: Romanian Leu (RON) equivalent to 100 bani.
- Dialing Code: +40.
- Driving: On the right.
- Official Language: Romanian.
- Police Rescue: 112.
Romania's busiest international airport, widely known as Bucharest Otopeni International Airport, located 16.5 km northwest of Bucharest and one of two airports serving Bucharest, the other being Băneasa Airport, mainly serving private jets and charter flights.
Consisting of a single terminal with two main buildings, the Departures Hall and the Arrivals Hall. Offering lots of services and facilities including lounges, Free Wi-Fi, a chapel and a small play area for children and many more.
You can easily reach the city center by train, taxi or by bus 783. Bus stops are located in front of the Arrivals Terminal and Departures Terminal.
From the airport you can take Bus 780 or the train to reach Gara de Nord main railway station where you can head to downtown.
- Food and Beverage: There are several bars and restaurants at the Departures Hall whereas the Arrivals Hall includes just one dining facility.
- Currency Exchange: Two banks besides several currency exchange offices and ATMs are available throughout the airport.
- Lost Luggage: For any problem related to your baggage, contact your airline and its corresponding Lost and Found Office.
- Car Hire: Avis, Autonom,Boca ,Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt and Touring car rental counters are located within the passageway between the Departures Hall and the Arrivals Hall.
- Airport Hotel: Angelo Airport Hotel Bucharest.
- Airport Hub: Henri Coandă International Airport (code OTP) is a hub for TAROM and Țiriac Air.