Fly To Alexandria, Egypt
Cheap Flights to Alexandria
We might disagree on many matters; still the love of Alexandria is bigger than any disagreement. Numerous cities had been named Alexandria after Alexander the great; still the essence of this one is exceptional. The sea view, Mediterranean food with a pinch of great history and the company of the friendliest people makes Alexandria the perfect place either for a couple retreat or family gathering. Alexandria is the second largest city and the largest city overlooking the Mediterranean Sea in Egypt. Many international songs have been dedicated to the beauty and love of Alexandria.
Alexandria is a city where you can feed your appetite, mind and soul. There you can find many of the best places that serve sea food in Egypt along with many museums, theaters, restaurants and cafes by the coast.
People of Alexandria are joyful, humorous and creative. They love music, sea view and act like there is no tomorrow. The city almost never sleeps so you would not want to miss a beat.
It enjoys a cool weather in summer and a soaking weather in winter so either you are in love with the sun or the rain you will enjoy your stay .However the city gets over crowded in July and August.
Alexandria is a very good place for family quality time. The sun, beach, sightseeing and activities make it the perfect opportunity for families to bond.
Alexandria is all about chill and fun .If you are into history; one of the things that you should not miss is the Lighthouse of Alexandria or Pharos of Alexandria. It was built between 280 and 247 BC and was considered one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. There is also Qaitaby Citadel by the sea coast which was established in 1477 AD.
Bibliotheca Alexandrina or Alexandria Library-located on the shore- is definitely one of the best highlights of the city that enjoys average of 1.5 million visitors annually. It has millions of books, several specialized libraries, 15 permanent exhibitions, four museums and much more. It is one of the modern wonders in Alexandria by far.
You can also enjoy your day at El-Montazah Royal palace with greens and coastal views within your sight in the morning and have a walk on Stanley Bridge at night while enjoying the beautiful lights of Alexandria. We would recommend private beaches over public ones to enjoy a good swim. One of the best private beaches is Renaissance Hotel.
Whether you are into clubbing or chilling you made the right choice to spend your vacation in Alexandria. Alegria, Déjà vu, Hooligans, Christina and Tijuana are the most popular places to go for clubbing. For Chilling and good food there are restaurants and cafés like Leila which offers Lebanese cuisine, and Carlos downtown. You can enjoy the most delicious sea food at Fish Market, Abou Ashraf, Balba’a, Samakmak and Greek club. For your sweet tooth, Ice Cream Azza is the perfect dessert.
- Time Zone:GMT +2 (Daylight saving time is UTC+3).
- Currency: Egyptian Pound equivalent to 100 piasters
- Dialing Code: +2 (03).
- Food & Beverages: There is Puccino's café which is quite known in Alexandria.
- Currency Exchange: Egyptian pound. You can find currency exchange outlets downtown.
- Lost Luggage: Lost Luggage must be handled by your individual airline’s help desk. In case you have any inquiries about lost/found inside the airport you can head to the information desk in the airport
- How to get to the City Center: Taxis are the best way to move to city center. They are available outside the arrivals hall around the clock.
- Airport Hotel: The nearest hotel to the airport is Radisson Blu and you can find many more in down town.
- Airport Hub: Borg Al Arab International Airport (code HBE) is the hub of Egypt Air Airlines.
Compared to Cairo International Airport, Borg Al Arab International Airport is small and does not offer many services.