Fly with Swiss Airlines
About Swiss Airlines
One of the youngest and fast growing airlines in Europe. A 4 star airline by SKYTRAX, serving over 80 destinations all over the world, founded in 2002 after the bankruptcy of SwissAir.
SWISS International Airlines or simply 'SWISS' (code LX) is the national airline of Switzerland, a subsidiary of Lufthansa Group and a member of Star Alliance.
With the highest number of daily flights, destinations and countries flown to, Star Alliance network is the largest airline network in the world of which Swiss has been member since 2006.
With the airline's Miles&More frequent-flyer program, you can hold different membership status levels granting you access to the alliance's benefits such as: free access to airport lounges, priority boarding, priority check-in, and increased baggage allowance.
- First Class: 3 bags x 32 kg.
- Business Class: 2 bags x 32 kg.
- Economy Class: 1 bag x 23 kg.
- Infants: 1 bag x 23 kg plus a collapsible pushchair/buggy.
- First Class: 2 x 8 kg.
- Business Class: 2 x 8 kg.
- Economy Class: 1 x 8 kg.
Good to Know
- SWISS doesn't accept any item of baggage exceeding 32 kg.
- The sum of the 3 dimensions of each piece of checked-in baggage must not exceed 158 cm.
- The maximum dimensions of hand luggage must not exceed 55 x 40 x 23 cm.
- On some routes you will have an increased free baggage allowance, for more info check this link.
Check-in & Flight Status
At most airports, check-in starts 3 hours before departure and closes 1 hour prior to it, yet Swiss allows you to check-in up to 24 hours before departure in some European Airports like Zurich and Munich.
Also, you can check-in online, reserve your preferred seat and get your boarding pass, up to 23 hours before departure.
Flight Status information and online check-in are available on the airline's website.
In-Flight Services & Magazine
Traveling with children? No worries! Baby meals are served on all flights, besides complimentary puzzles, coloring books and other toys, plus a great range of children films, computer games and cartoons to keep your kid entertained all the way!
Swiss spares no effort to please adults as well. Swiss Chocolate won't be the only food served! Depending on the length of your flight you'll be served soft drinks, light snacks or a delicious full-course meal made with the best Swiss ingredients.
Having special dietary requirements? You can order a special meal regardless of your flight class, just make sure you place your order at least 24 hours before departure.
Getting bored easily? You don't have to! Swiss on-demand entertainment system offers unlimited fun above the clouds, on your screen you may choose from over 140 films, the latest blockbusters, award-winning documentaries and TV series, besides over 400 different CDs and a wide range of music channels.
Prefer reading? SWISS magazine, winner of several awards, offers exciting reports, inspiring city portraits and guides plus stories on various topics, you're also welcome to take your copy with you after landing.
- Economy Class, offering great seats with plenty of leg room, and adjustable headrests to help you enjoy some sleep.
- Business Class, offering luxury seats converting into a 2-meter flat bed at the touch of a button, an integrated massage function to pamper you en-route, and fancy inflight services, in addition to access to SWISS and Star Alliance Partner lounges worldwide.
- First Class, offering the highest possible level of comfort and the best dining and entertainment experience.
Fleet & Routes
Swiss International Airlines operate using 65 Airbus aircraft for mid-range and long haul flights, plus 20 Avro aircraft for short haul flights.
From its hub in Zurich and the regional airports of Basel and Geneva, Swiss flies to 84 destinations in 40 countries: 60 in Europe and 24 overseas with scheduled flights from Cairo to Geneva and Zurich where you can connect to your next flight.
- Code: LX.
- Hub: Zurich Airport.
- Frequent-flyer program: Miles & More.
- Slogan: “Our sign is a promise”.