Fly With Qatar Airways
SAVE 30% on Qatar Flights!
Enjoy a discount of up to 30% OFF Qatar Airways flights departing from Cairo, Alexandria and Luxor airports to selected destinations on both Premium & Economy cabins. Seats are limited so secure your booking with Travelstart today. This sale ends on 8 November 2016. Travel dates are from 24 October 2016 – 14 Jun 2017.(terms and conditions apply)
Departing from Cairo:
Book Qatar Airways Flights
It’s time to fly with the purple airline. Since its re-launch in 1997 Qatar Airways has grown to become a preferred option for air travellers in the Middle East. Today it flies to more than 140 destinations worldwide, operating from its hub in Doha, the capital of Qatar.
The "Royal Purple" you are seeing everywhere is more than just a darker version of the national colour. With a clear mission to combine service excellence with efficiency, this airline makes sure its passengers get the treatment of the kings and queens.
***Travel Alert: All Qatar Airways flights are now operating from Hammad International Airport***
Good to Know
- Cheap flight deals are occasionally available from Qatar Airways.
- The Cairo Airport office has extra opening hours on Thursdays and Saturdays from 8pm to 2am.
Qatar Airways Baggage Allowance
Baggage allowance is pretty straightforward as follows (for all destinations except Brazil, Argentina, USA & Canada. For further details go to Baggage Allowance page):
- 1st Class: 50Kg checked in luggage* + 15Kg carry-on luggage (total of 2 pieces).
- Business Class: 40Kg checked in luggage * + 15Kg carry-on luggage (total of 2 pieces).
- Economy Class: 30Kg checked in luggage * + 7Kg carry-on luggage ( 1 piece).
* checked in luggage maximum total dimensions should be 406cm.
Check-in &Flight Status
For check-in you have 3 options:
- For airport check-in make sure you arrive 3 hours before departure and present your passport & e-ticket at the Qatar Airways check-in desk.
- For online check -in go to www.qatarairways.com and choose the online check-in tab.
- For mobile check-in first download the Qatar Airways application on your mobile device. Then you should:
- Enter your last name and e-ticket/booking reference number.
- Confirm all passenger details and select your seats.
- Confirm check-in then print or email your boarding pass.
- At the airport go to the fast-bag-drop counter to check in your luggage.
Online check-in is available 36 hours to 90 minutes before departure, but for flights to the US it is available 24 hours before departure from Doha. This service is not available for all departures from Alexandria.
To know your flight status you can use the mobile application or subscribe to the notifications service that sends you flight alerts via email, SMS or twitter (available on www.qatarairways.com).
Time for Some On-board Fun
So you are finally on-board. Kick up your feet and start enjoying. Whether you are boarding as First, Business or Economy Class spaciousness is one thing to be guaranteed across the three. You can start off by checking the extensive Oryx entertainment options featuring movies, TV, audio or games. The Oryx In-flight magazine is another option for reading fans showing interesting travel features and news from around the world. If you are missing the connectivity, you can easily use the On-Air GSM/Wifi service available to connect your device to the internet.
Cuisine: With fresh high quality ingredients put together with a gourmet-ish touch, the meals offered on-board are a pleasurable experience on its own.
Bringing the Kids Along? No Worries
Some ways to make that part of travelling a bit easier: Passengers with young children get the priority to board first. Strollers are available upon request once you arrive in Doha. And to keep them engaged while waiting for your flight in Doha, an indoor play area is available with various entertainment facilities.
Qatar Airways Fleet
With a current fleet of more than 120 aircrafts and another 220 on order, Qatar Airways is offering its passengers an extensive and young fleet range. Current fleet includes the Airbus A330, A340 , Boeing 777 and 778. Seating typically ranges depending on the type of aircraft starting from 100 to 300+ seats.
Qatar Airways Routes
They've got the 4 corners of the world covered. Moving in and out of the hub in Doha almost all key destinations are reached. New York, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, London, Moscow, Seoul & Melbourne are a few examples.
- Sales period: On sale until 8 November 2016.
- Travel period: 24th October 2016 to 14th June 2017. Blackout periods may apply. All travel must be completed by 14th June 2017.
- Blackout period: No travel between 15th December 2016 to 10th January 2017.
- Fares include all applicable discounts, fees, taxes and airport charges.
- Changes: A standard charge will be incurred per change made. Excludes Travelstart service fee and airline admin fee.
- Cancellations: A standard charge will be incurred per change made-subject to same booking class being available. Excludes Travelstart service fee and the difference in fare and taxes.
- Seats are limited and subject to availability.
- Standard child/infant discount apply.
- Qatar terms & conditions apply.