Fly With Oman Air
About Oman Air
A 4-stars airline, named winner of the “World's Best Business Class Airline Seat” for two times by SKYTRAX, and as “Best Luxury Airline in the Middle East in 2011” as well.
One of the first airlines in the world to offer both mobile phone and Wi-Fi Internet services on board its flights on selected routes.
Oman Air (code WY) is the national airline carrier of Oman, offering competitive ticket prices and direct flights from its hub in the authentic Arabian city of Muscat to several destinations worldwide.
- First Class: 50 kg.
- Business Class: 40 kg.
- Economy Class: 30 kg.
- First Class: 2 bags not exceeding 14 kg both.
- Business Class: 2 bags not exceeding 14 kg both.
- Economy Class: 1 bag not exceeding 7 kg.
Good to Know
- The maximum accepted weight for any single piece of baggage is 32 Kg.
- The total sum of the 3 dimensions of each piece of checked baggage must not exceed 158 cm and 115 cm for hand baggage.
- 10 Kg are reduced from the free checked-in baggage allowance when Flying on Oman Air Codeshare or Interline partners.
Check-in & Flight Status
For your convenience, Oman Air offers two means of check-in, either online or at the airport.
At most airports, check-in starts three hours before departure and closes 60 minutes prior to it.
Online check-in, is available at the airline's website between 36 hours & 90 minutes before flight departure, offering you the chance to select your preferred seat via a mouse click.
If you have an online boarding pass you should come early enough to the airport to get your baggage tags as the counters close 60 minutes prior to departure.
You can check your flight status on the airline's website.
In-Flight Services & Magazine
Meals selected from Arabian and international cuisine are served on all flights in addition to hot and cold drinks.
Oman Air's on-demand entertainment system with individual LCD touch-screens offers you access to a great collection of movies, audio books, games and music- all at your fingertips.
Kill the boredom reading Wings of Oman; Oman Air's inflight magazine, offering topics on lifestyle, health, entertainment, travel and tourism.
Inflight connectivity allows you to send SMS, make calls, check emails and surf the web, yet it's a paid service available on Airbus A330 fully connected flights.
Offering Business and Economy class seating options aboard all international flights in addition to Premium First class on the Airbus 330-300 fleet.
- An Economy seat comes equipped with everything a traveler would need to stay connected, comforted and entertained. Featuring a sliding food table, a 10.6 inch LCD screen, a PC power port, USB and Ethernet plugs.
- Business Class seat is a luxury lie-flat seat with electrically controlled backrest, leg rest and seat depth plus a 17-inch screen in addition to power, USB and Ethernet plugs.
- First Class is a Mini Suite making a class of its own. Offering outstanding luxury and comfort with the longest lie-flat seats available, equipped with an eight point built-in massage system, stowage for hand luggage, dedicated space to hang a coat and a huge 23-inch video monitor.
Fleet & Routes
Oman Air operates regular flights to 42 destinations in 23 countries, with daily flights between Cairo and Muscat where you can connect to your next flight. Top routes include major attractive tourist destinations in Asia like Thailand, India, Nepal and Malaysia plus major cities in Europe and the Middle East; while having codeshare agreements with many airlines, thus offering access to many more destinations.
Oman Air has a fleet of 30 modern aircraft including 15 Boeing 737-800 aircrafts with state-of-the-art technologies. Going through an expansion process to widen its network and long haul flights Oman Air has placed orders for 21 new Airbus and Boeing aircrafts including the luxury Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft to be delivered soon.
- Code: WY.
- Hub: Muscat International Airport.
- Frequent-flyer program: Sindbad.
- Slogan: Modern Vision. Timeless Traditions.