Fly with Middle East Airlines
Getting To Know Middle East Airlines (MEA)
Middle East Airlines (or MEA) is the national flag carrier airline of Lebanon, a 3-star airline by Skytrax and a member of the SkyTeam airline alliance, operating scheduled international flights to destinations in Asia, Europe, and Africa plus charter flights to leisure destinations in various countries from its base at Rafic Hariri International Airport in the lovely city of Beirut.
Book cheap Middle East Airlines flights with Travelstart today!
Why Fly With Middle East Airlines?
- MEA ́s fleet consists of 17 Airbus aircraft types: A330-200, A321-200 and A320-200, all are equipped with state of the art on-board entertainment technology
- If you are a frequent business flyer, you can benefit from SkyTeam flexible and plentiful advantages on international travel when flying on MEA, offering free access to 516 lounges all over the world, an extensive worldwide network of destinations, priority check-in and boarding, in addition to earning miles you can redeem with any SkyTeam airline.
- There's no risk of getting bored above the clouds! With MEA's on-demand entertainment system with personal screens you may choose from a selection of films, music and games to enjoy all the way flying.
Your baggage allowance depends on your flight class and destination as follows:
For Copenhagen and Frankfurt:
- Economy: 40 kg.
- Business: 60 kg.
- Infant: 10 kg.
For other European destinations excluding Yerevan, Istanbul and Larnaca:
- Economy: 1 bag, 23 kg.
- Business: 3 bags. 23 kg each.
- Infant: 15 kg.
For destinations in West Africa:
- Economy: 35.
- Business: 70.
- Infant: 10.
For all other destinations:
- Economy: 30.
- Business: 60kg.
- Infant: 10.
One piece of baggage not exceeding 10 kg.
- The dimensions of your hand baggage or your infant checked-in baggage shouldn't exceed 56cm x 40cm x 25 cm.
- Imperial Class: 45 kg (each bag should be under 30 kg)
- If your journey includes a flight with another airline, your baggage allowance might be different.
In comfort, at your home and with a mouse-click you can choose your preferred seat, check-in and print your boarding pass online, between 24 and 2.5 hours before departure.
Ordinary check-in counters at most airports usually open 3 hours before departure and close 60-45 minutes prior to it, while boarding gates close 15 minutes prior to departure time.
- Economy Class: Providing a basic seat with a 32 inch pitch and minimal recline. Offering an entertainment system with a pre-set selection of films or Audio/Video On Demand on a 6.8'' personal screen and dining options including snacks, light and full meals with beverages served.
- Business (Cedar Class): Providing a comfortable seat with a pitch of 48 inch, substantial recline and leg rest. Offering AVOD entertainment system with a 10.4" personal screen, excellent dining options and a selection of beverages.
Scheduled flights to over 30 destinations in 3 continents, including 2 daily flights between Cairo and Beirut where you can connect to your next flight aboard MEA. Among these destination, the following are the most popular from Egypt:
- Athens – ATH
- Frankfurt – FRA
- London – LHR
- Istanbul – IST
- Paris – CDG
- Rome - FCO
|IATA code:||Hub Airport:||Alliance:||Loyalty program:||Inflight magazine:|
|ME||Beirut Rafic Hariri International Airport.||SkyTeam||Cedar Miles||Cedar Wings|
Disclaimer: The information on this page is correct as of October 2015. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.