Fly with Kuwait Aiways
Getting To Kuwait Airways
Kuwait Airways is the national carrier of Kuwait. Established in 1954, it is one of the oldest airlines in the Middle East. This is an airline that strives to have a “global reach with a local touch” by setting high standards for customer service. Based out of Kuwait’s capital city, their location enables Kuwait Airways to link the Gulf countries, Indian sub-continent, and Asia with Europe and the US. Their frequent flier program, Club Oasis, allows members to redeem miles for travel and other products and services from Club Oasis partners.
Book cheap Kuwait Airways flights with Travelstart today!
Why Fly With Kuwait Airways
- Kuwait Airways provides passengers in all cabins on all flights complimentary meals and beverages -- non-alcoholic beverages only. Passengers have the option of choosing from 18 different meals, including sea food, low calorie, low gluten, vegetarian, or Hindu meals.
- The airline also offers passengers blankets, headsets for viewing movies, and sleep-masks. For entertainment, passengers on board are presented with different types of music and movie options, as well as complimentary reading materials including newspapers and magazines.
- Passengers who would prefer a bit of extra leg room can utilize the option of advance seat selection online; seats with more leg room are subject to availability. Passengers traveling with infants and small children will find carry-cots onboard for infants less than two years old, and toys and complementary entertainment items for children.
- Kuwait Airways also offers passengers leaving from Kuwait International Airport the option of requesting (for a fee) their special Maraheb Service, which includes home-to-airport transport, access to Dasman lounge service, airport escort, and assistance in completing “travel formalities.”
- Passengers can also request an extra seat (again, for a fee) which may be used for the carriage of courier bags, musical instruments, diplomatic mail, etc.
- Exemplifying the airline’s top-caliber customer service, a special service unit is available to assist with arrival/departure procedures for any first-time travelers who may require a bit of extra help.
On domestic and international flights to any destination except for the US and Canada is determined by total weight of bags, not by piece(s) of luggage. Free baggage allowance for these flights is as follows:
- First class: 40 kg
- Business class: 30 kg
- Economy class: 20 kg
Checked Luggage for flights to/from the US and Canada are determined by number of pieces of luggage, and their size; not by weight:
- First & Business class - 2 bags, the sum total of width x length x height of each bag to be less than 158 cm.
- Economy class - 2 bags, the sum total of width x length x height of each bag to be less than 158 cm and together must measure less than 273 cm.
Carry-on Baggage (for flights to all destinations):
All passengers are allowed one personal item (115 cm total dimensions) and one small carry-on item such as an overcoat, purse, or laptop bag
Web check-in is available for flight departing from Kuwait Airport. Be sure to have your booking reference number.
Check-in counters at most airports open 3 hours before departure and close 1 hour prior to it.
For check-in at the airport, most gates open 3 hours before departure time. Gates for flights from Kuwait to Abu Dhabi, Amman, and Bahrain open 2-2.5 hours before departure; gates for flights to New York City, London, Frankfurt, and Jeddah open 4 hours before departure time.
Kuwait Airways flies to 42 different international destinations. Their fleet is made up of Airbus 320, 310, 300, 400, and Boeing 777 aircraft.
Poupular Destinations For Kuwait Air
|IATA code:||Hub Airport:||Alliance:||Loyalty program:||Inflight magazine:|
|KU||Kuwait International Airportt||None||Club Oasis||Sougha Magazine|
Disclaimer: The information on this page is correct as of October 2015. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.