Fly with Ethiopian Airlines
Getting To Know Ethiopian Airlines
Wanna fly across the African skies? From the beautiful city of Addis Ababa, the Ethiopian Airlines fly to destinations in Africa more than any other airline carrier in the world; offering access to most of mother Africa's colorful cities.
Ethiopian Airlines (Ethiopian) is the national flag carrier airline of Ethiopia, a member of Star alliance and one of the largest and fastest growing airlines in Africa.
Book cheap flights with Ethiopian Airlines with Travelstart today!
Why fly with Ethiopian Airlines?
- Ethiopian Airlines operates more than 60 aircraft for passenger flights, while having placed orders for about 50 more aircraft to extend its flights and destinations network as planned in the near future.
- With the highest number of daily flights, destinations and countries flown to, Star Alliance network is the largest airline network in the world of which Ethiopian has been member since 2011.
- With the airline's ShebaMiles frequent-flyer program, you can hold different membership status levels granting you access to the alliance's various benefits.
Your free baggage allowance depends on your destination and flight class, for most flights, the free allowance is set as follows:
- Cloud Nine (Business): 3 pieces, 23 kg each.
- Economy: 2 pieces, 23 kg each.
- Infant: 1 piece, 10 kg, its dimensions sum not exceeding 115 cm; plus one fully collapsible stroller/push chair.
- Cloud Nine (Business): 2 pieces, 8 kg each.
- Economy: 1 piece, 7kg.
- Personal items like a laptop, purse, book or camera, are free to carry.
- Each single item of checked-in baggage shall not exceed 158 cm.
- Baggage allowance may change when flying on Codeshare or Interline partner flights.
- Check-in counters: At the airport open 3 hours before departure and close 1 hour prior to it, each passenger is requested to report at the airport's check-in counter 3 hours prior to departure time.
- Online Check-in: For your comfort, you can check-in online from 48 hours to 2 hours before departure of your international flight.
- Cloud Nine (Business Class): Offering luxurious seats and services including the best dining options, a wide variety of international and local magazines and newspapers and a selection of various amenities; while offering sleeper seats and on-demand audio and video services with 15.4 inch IFE screens and 85 channels on Boeing787 and 777-200LR aircraft.
- Economy Class: Offering basic comfortable seats with In-Flight entertainment on Boeing 767 and 757 aircraft, while offering reclining seats with more legroom and spacious cabin, plus on-demand audio and video services with 8.9 inch screens and 80 different channels on Boeing787 and 777-200LR aircraft.
From its hub in Addis Ababa, Ethiopian flies to 80 destinations worldwide, including 55 cities in Africa, seven in Europe, two in the Americas and 16 in the Middle East and Asia, while having scheduled flights between Cairo and Addis Ababa where you can connect to your next flight. Among these destinations, the following are the most popular from Egypt:
- Nairobi - NBO
- Addis Ababa - ADD
- Cape Town - CPT
- Johannesburg - JNB
- Zanzibar - ZNZ
- Lusaka - LUN
- Dar Es Salaam - DAR
|Code:||Hub:||Frequent-flyer Program:||Alliance:||Inflight Magazine:|
|ET||Bole International Airport||ShebaMiles||Star Alliance||Selamta|
Disclaimer: The information on this page is correct as of November 2015. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.