Fly with Delta Airlines
Getting To Know Delta Airlines
Take the hassle out of travel by flying on this popular, American airline – Delta Airlines. Delta is renowned for providing efficient, worry-free travel; everything you need to have the most comfortable travel day possible is at your fingertips, even before you board the plane. Choose your ideal seat online; order a premium economy meal; download a media player that lets you stream inflight entertainment straight to your own, personal wireless device (and finish that film you were watching after you land); use the Fly Delta smartphone app to check in online and even serve as a paperless boarding pass. All this and more is available when you fly on Delta Airlines.
Book cheap Delta Airlines flights with Travelstart today!
Why fly with Delta Airlines?
- The bulk of Delta’s routes are between cities in the US, making it a great airline to use for inter-US travel. Delta offers a significant number of routes connecting Africa, Asia, and Europe to major US cities as well.
- Delta’s international travel offerings surpass those of any other US-based air company.
- Members of Delta’s Skymiles loyalty program also earn miles when flying with one of these codeshare partners.
- Delta Studios, Delta’s inflight entertainment system, offers travelers the latest movies, on-demand TV, music, and games. Complimentary earbuds (as well as eye-masks for when you need a break from the entertainment) are provided to travelers.
- First and Business Class: 2 bags each not to exceed 32 kg*
- Economy Class: 1 bag not to exceed 23 kg*
*Passengers traveling within the US and Canada face different baggage restrictions. Economy passengers must pay 25 USD for their first checked-in bag; First Class/Business Class passengers can carry up to 3 bags, 32 Kg. each with no additional charge.
Additional and overweight luggage incurs an additional charge. Some destinations allow for more luggage to be carried.
One piece of carry-on sized luggage and one approved personal item (a purse, briefcase, laptop bag, small backpack, etc.) is allowed for all passengers, in all cabins.
Delta offers online, curbside, kiosk, and service-counter check-in options to make the check-in process as smooth and painless as possible.
In select locations, you can use the Fly Delta smartphone app to get an electronic boarding pass sent directly to your phone – no need to even have a printer!
Online check-in opens 24 hours prior to departure. You will need your credit card, ticket number, OR purchase confirmation number to check-in online. Once you have checked in, starting 6 hours prior to departure you can bring your luggage to any of the designated “Baggage Drop” areas at airport departures, or leave them with curb-side check-in. If you are flying internationally, you will also have to have your passport credentials checked before boarding.
Delta and the Delta Connection carriers offer service to more than 325 destinations in over 60 countries on six continents. Flights to and from Cairo are generally offered on one of Delta’s codeshare partners (including KLM, Air France, and Alitalia). Among these destinations, the following are the most popular from Egypt:
- Atlanta - ATL
- New York – JFK
- Los Angeles – LAX
- Toronto – YYZ
- Sao Paolo – GRU
- Lima - LIM
|IATA code:||Hub Airport:||Alliance:||Loyalty program:||Inflight magazine:|
|DL||Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport||SkyTeam||Skymiles||Delta Sky Magazine|
Disclaimer: The information on this page is correct as of November 2015. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.