Fly With British Airways
About British Airways
British Airways (BA) is the flag carrier airline of the United Kingdom and its largest airline.
Rated as a 4-star airline by SKYTRAX. Owner of BA CityFlyer and OpenSkies airlines and a founding member of Oneworld Alliance, the third-largest airline alliance worldwide.
British Airways free baggage allowance varies depending on your destination and flight class. For a detailed description of baggage allowances please check their website.
- Economy: One or two bags, 23 kg each; or 32 each, for flights to Brazil.
- Premium Economy: 2 bags, 23 kg each; or 32 kg each, for flights to Brazil.
- Business and First Class: Two or Three bags, 32 kg each.
- Infant: 1 standard-sized bag plus 1 fully collapsible pushchair (stroller) and 1 car seat.
- Adults and Children (2-11 years): 1 cabin bag plus 1 personal bag, up to 23kg each.
- Infant: 1 cabin bag, up to 23 kg.
Good to Know
- Children aged (2-11 years) enjoy a baggage allowance as adults plus 1 fully collapsible pushchair (stroller) and 1 car seat.
- Each piece of checked-in baggage shouldn't exceed 90cm x 75cm x 43cm.
- Hand baggage shouldn't exceed 56cm x 45cm x 25cm for cabin bag, and 45cm x 36cm x 20cm for the personal bag.
- Flying in more than one class? The more generous allowance will apply to your whole journey unless separate bookings were used.
- If your journey includes a flight with another airline, your baggage allowance may be different.
- For a better understanding of baggage allowances please check this link.
Check-in & Flight Status
With British Airways you can check in online or on your mobile phone, from 24 hours and up to 1 hour, before your flight departure.
You can also use airport self-service kiosks to check in and print your boarding pass yourself, wherever available.
Check-in times vary depending on the airport you're flying from. At most airports, ordinary check-in counters open 3 hours before departure and close 45-60 minutes prior to it.
To check your flight status and for online check-in please visit British Airways' website.
In-Flight Services & Magazine
Whether you're traveling over breakfast, lunch or dinner, you can enjoy a three course delicious meal or a light meal, depending on the length of your flight, with a full bar service offering you a range of drinks to enjoy.
Besides dining, British Airways High Life Entertainment System offers unlimited fun above the clouds, with hundreds of films, documentaries, television shows, music, audio books and games to enjoy on your personal flat screen and noise-reducing headphones, plus some of the latest cartoons and kids movies to keep your children busy throughout the flight.
More interested in reading? You can enjoy your time, reading interesting articles, inspiring stories, business tips and advice through the airline's rich inflight magazines including High Life and Business Life magazines.
- Economy: Offering the most affordable fares on international flights beyond Europe, with generous free baggage allowance, delicious meals and full bar service, personal entertainment system and a comfortable seat coming with an adjustable headrest, lumbar support and recline.
- Premium Economy: Offering wider seats and more legroom, larger baggage allowance and power supply for electronic devices.
- Business Class: Offering a flat bed seat and a private spacious suite for working or relaxing with flexible dining options, to fly in comfort and style.
- First Class: Providing exceptional comfort and elegance as you'll get your own private & spacious suite, an exclusive service, a fully flat bed with mattress and duvet, in addition to access to luxurious lounges and spa treatments.
Fleet & Routes
With over 260 aircraft including the new Airbus 380 and Boeing 787 Dreamliner, British Airways operates one of the largest and most modern fleets in the world, serving over 160 destinations, and being one of the few airlines to fly to all six inhabited continents, while offering scheduled flights between Cairo and London where you can connect to your next flight.
- Code: BA.
- Hubs: London Heathrow Airport and Gatwick Airport.
- Frequent-flyer Program: Executive Club.
- Alliance: Oneworld.
- Slogan: To Fly. To Serve.