Fly with Austrian Airlines
Getting To Know Austrian Airlines
Fly the award-winning Austrian Airlines and experience their first-class customer service. Austrian Airlines was awarded in 2015 at the Skytrax World Airline Awards as Best Airline Staff Service in Europe, Austria's domestic carrier also took first place in Best Business Class Catering category, and was also ranked among the top five best airlines in all of Europe.
Book cheap Austrian Airlines flights with Travelstart today!
Why Fly With Austrian Airlines
- Awarded as the “Best Airline Staff Service In Europe” in 2015
- Austrian Airlines is a Star Alliance member. If you are already a member of the ‘Miles and More’ frequent flier programme with Lufthansa or Egypt Air – good news! You can earn miles for this programme flying with Austrian Airlines (or any of the other Star Alliance member airlines) as well!
- On short- and medium- haul flights (Cairo – Vienna is considered medium haul) in the Business Class section, every passenger will have an open seat next to him or her, marked “reserved for your comfort.” These seats remain open throughout the entire flight. On long-haul flights, Business Class travelers have seats that fold down to a fully-flat bed.
- Economy Class travelers have the option of purchasing an upgrade to an exit row seat on medium-haul flights for 40 EUR.
- Short movies are broadcasted on plane monitors during short-haul flights in both the Economy and Business Class sections. For medium-and long- haul flights, travelers in the Economy Class have access to over 100 hours of on-demand movies, TV, and music on 23 centimeter, personal touch-operated screens. Travelers in the Business Class section can experience their on-demand entertainment on a 38 centimeter touchscreen monitor.
- Business Class – 2 bags each not to exceed 32 kg*
- Economy Class – 1 bags each not to exceed 23 kg**
*Children under two years of age get only one bag not to exceed 23 kg – in any class.
**Frequent Travelers (with FTL card) get a second checked-in bag at no charge.
Additional and overweight luggage incurs an additional charge.
- Business Class – 2 bags each not to exceed 8 kg each.
- Economy Class – 1 bags each not to exceed 8 kg
* Carry-on luggage in any class is not to exceed 55x40x23 cm in dimension.
Austrian Airlines offers online, curbside, kiosk, and service-counter check-in options for your convenience. At selected locations, you can even use the Austrian App for Android or iPhone to get an electronic boarding pass sent directly to your phone – no need to even have a printer!
Online check-in opens 36 hours prior to departure, and ends one hour before take-off. You will need your E-ticket number or booking code in order to check-in online. If you have luggage to check in, find one of the “Baggage Drop” counters (at terminal 3 in Vienna) to leave your luggage. You cannot use online check-in if you are flying with a codeshare partner.
Austrian Airlines operates flights to over 120 destinations from its main hub in Vienna. Austrian Airlines offers routes from Cairo to 34 destinations worldwide – all with a connection in Vienna, Austria. Most of these 34 destinations are found in central Europe. One destination – Bangkok – is in Asia.
|IATA code:||Hub Airport:||Alliance:||Loyalty program:||Inflight magazine:|
|OS||Vienna International Airport||Star Alliance||Miles and More||Fly & Buy|
Disclaimer: The information on this page is correct as of October 2015. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.