Fly with American Airlines
Getting To Know American Airlines Airlines
Flying on American Airlines means experiencing a modern, comfortable, and connected travel experience. AA is in the process of adding to planes and modernizing its fleet to become the youngest fleet among the five largest U.S. airlines.
Members of the AAdvantage loyalty program can also earn and redeem miles and other great benefits to enhance their traveling experience.
Book cheap American Airlines flights with Travelstart today!
Why Fly With American Airlines
- While American Airlines does offer plenty of international travel service – by itself and through its affiliation with the oneworld alliance – it is a gem of an airline for easy, comfortable domestic travel from city to city throughout the United States.
- The cabin refurbishment gives passengers in the Main Cabin six inches of additional legroom for added comfort, and First and Business Class travelers have fully lie-flat seats and aisle on the Boeing 777 planes. Premium class fliers on international flights also receive turn-down service (with complimentary duvets, pajamas, and slippers) and an amenity kit stocked with skincare products to ensure travelers arrive at their destination feeling fresh and relaxed! Passengers in all cabins can expect a lovely, four-course meal (appetizer, soup/salad, entrée, and dessert) on international flights.
- American Airlines is in the process of upgrading its fleet, adding hundreds of new planes and refreshing existing aircraft for added comfort and enhanced services. For long-distance and trans-continental routes, American Airlines relies on its Boeing 777 and Boeing 767 planes. Flights within the US and short-distance routes between countries are also serviced by American Airlines Airbus planes.
- American Airlines offers travelers a variety of the latest entertainment options, including up to 250 movies, 200 TV shows, 350 audio and music selections, 16 radio channels, and many games. First and Business Class passengers on select long-haul flights are offered a Samsung Galaxy Tab with a 10.1 inch screen for their inflight entertainment pleasure.
- Every First and Business Class seat is equipped with a power outlet, many of the main cabin seats are also within reach of a power outlet, and the newest aircrafts are also being equipped with USB ports. Wi-Fi is available on many planes, though daily or monthly access passes must be purchased in order to use it.
- Travelers who bring their own Wi-Fi-enabled devices can purchase and stream movies and TV shows straight to their devices. If the plane lands before your movie finishes – no problem! You have 24 hours post-landing to finish watching whatever you streamed to your device! Devices currently enabled for streaming service include laptops, iPads, Galaxy Tabs, and Motorola Xoom.
On domestic and international flights:
- First and Business Class: 3 bags, not to exceed 23 kg each
- Economy Class Passengers: One bag under 23 kg*
Additional luggage can be checked, for a fee.
* Passengers in the Main Cabin are allowed two checked bags at no charge if traveling to/through/from Japan, China, South Korea, or South America
All passengers are allowed one personal item and one carry-on piece of luggage at no charge. The personal item cannot exceed 91 cm (total dimension) and the carry-on luggage cannot exceed 56 cm (length) x 36 cm (width) x 23 cm (height).
Web check-in is available on domestic and international for tickets issued electronically. (Some restrictions apply for on-line check in for international travel.) Check in online between 24 hours to 90 minutes prior to flight departure (domestic US flights allow online check-in up to 45 minutes prior to departure). Print your boarding pass at home, or check in at aa.com Mobile and use your smart phone as your boarding pass.
For quick check-in at the airport, utilize the self-service kiosks or curbside check-in to skip the line at the ticket counter. Please be sure to arrive 2-3 hours early for an international departure.
As a member of the oneworld alliance, American Airlines and its affiliates offer travelers access to nearly 1,000 destinations in over 150 countries worldwide. Flying from Cairo, American Airlines and the oneworld alliance affiliates takes travelers to over 650 destinations either directly or with only one stop-over.
|IATA code:||Hub Airport:||Alliance:||Loyalty program:||Inflight magazine:|
|AA||Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport||Oneworld||AAdvantage||American Way|
Disclaimer: The information on this page is correct as of October 2015. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.