Fly With Aer Lingus
Getting to know Aer Lingus
Aer Lingus is an Irish inspired Airline which roots are deeply ingrained in their hub city of Dublin, while smaller operating bases can be found in Belfast, Cork and Shannon Airport. The name Aer Lignus is derived from the Irish 'long' meaning 'ship' and is therefore translated as 'Air Fleet'. Aer Lingus distinct green coated aircraft fleet sporting the traditional Irish Shamrock as its moniker gives you a real sense of its commitment and national pride.
With 2016 marking 80 years of operation for the airline, its safe to say they have much more than the luck of the Irish on their side.Book cheap Aer Lingus flights with Travelstart today!
Why fly with Aer Lingus
- Aer Lingus has been in operation for 80 years since it was established by the Irish Government in 1936!
- Winner of the Best Airline to Europe, Best Airline to North America and Best Short Haul Airline at the 23rd Irish Travel Awards in 2014
- Has code share agreements with the top alliances like Oneworld, Star Alliance and Skyteam
Baggage allowancePassengers are allowed to take with them luggage of a max weight og 10kgs for international and 7kgs for regional.
Important Information on Baggage Restrictions!
- Please note that if you’re connecting from our Aer Lingus service to our Aer Lingus Regional service, the 7kg (15lb) cabin baggage allowance will apply for both parts of the journey.
- Please ensure your cabin baggage is within the specified allowance. Bags outside of this allowance must be checked in and the relevant bag fee will apply.
- Flights departing the U.S. are subject to Transportation Security Administration (TSA) rules.
- *Revised from 31 January 2014*, EU security rules regarding liquids, gels and aerosols in cabin baggage apply.
Aer Lingus allows its passengers 3 ways to check in.Airport
Travellers are able to use the traditional method of checking in at the airport but please be advised that this will require that you show up with sufflient time prior to have your check in and secruty screening run smoothly.
For North American flights, 3h 30mins before departure, as check in closes 75 mins prior to departure
For European flights, 2h 30mins before departure, as check in closes 45 mins prior to departure
From Belfast flights, 2h 30mins before departure, as check in closes 30 mins prior to departureOnline
Flight departure within the next 30 hours
You can use our web check-in between 2 and 30 hours before your scheduled departure time. For transatlantic travel, you can use web check-in between 2 and 24 hours in advance of your departure time.
Flight departure outside of 30 hours
On selected European routes, you can use our 30-day advance check-in between 30 days and 30 hours before your scheduled departure time. Please note a seat fee must be bought in order to advance check-in.Mobile
Check in procedures, timings applying to routes for mobile are the same as mentioned above for online check in.
However there are a selective amount close to around 40 airports that are mobile check in friendly, so please check with there airline before you rely on this option.
Aer Lingus offers passengers the option of economy and business classes seating
Aer Lingus currently has a fleet of 46 aircrafts, all variations of the Airbus which service their network of 82 interational destinations.
Top destinations for Aer Lingus
|IATA code:||Hub Airport:||Alliance:||Loyalty program:||Inflight magazine:|
|EI||Dublin Airport||None||Aer Club||Boutique &
The information on this page is correct as of January 2016. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart.com.eg takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.