When it comes to flight booking convenience usually comes first, price comes second. Speaking of convenience different areas could be tackled; dates, flight duration, number of stops or transits, and baggage allowance.
It’s important to know the distinction between
- Personal Items: these are; a laptop, a camera, an umbrella, a handbag, or a baby carriage.
- Hand Luggage (a.k.a. Carry-on or Cabin Luggage): that’s the kind of luggage that you are allowed to carry-on the plane, depending on your airline carrier, the weight of your carry on varies between 5 to 12 kg, but in all cases they shouldn’t include liquids exceeding 100 ml, or sharp items.
- Checked-In Luggage: that’s the luggage that the airline company you are traveling with allows you to check in for free.
- Additional or Excess Luggage: in case you are traveling with baggage that exceeds the weight or size limit permitted for your ticket, to transport more baggage items on your trip you must pay an extra fee. It’s usually cheaper to buy online, however you also have the option of buying at the airport upon departure.
It’s crucial to always check your ticket’s baggage allowance even before completing your booking to avoid over-packing, or paying unpredictable extra fees. It’s also important to know that baggage allowance policy differs; from an airline carrier to another, from a destination to another, and from domestic* to international flights.
*Domestic flights: are those flying from one destination to another in the same country (i.e.: Cairo to Aswan, Abu Dhabi to Dubai, Rome to Milan, Miami to New York, Bangkok to Phuket, etc.).
Is Egypt’s national carrier, member of Star Alliance.
Hubs: Cairo International Airport is the main hub.
For more information regarding Egyptair check this link.
Is the national airline carrier in Turkey, member of Star Alliance.
Hubs: Istanbul Atatürk Airport is the main base located in Istanbul, the Turkish carrier has secondary hubs at Esenboğa International Airport in Ankara, Sabiha Gökçen International Airport in Istabul, and Adnan Menderes Airport in Izmir.
For more information regarding Turkish Airlines check this link.
For International Routes from/to
America / S. America / Canada / Argentina / Nigeria / Ghana / Niger / Senegal / Mauritania / Cote D Ivoire / Cameroon / Burkina Faso / Gabon / Chad and Congo Dem. Rep./Benin Peoples Republic / Mali / Guinea/ Angola
Is Qatar’s national carrier, member of OneWorld Alliance.
Hubs: Hamad International Airport.
For more information regarding Qatar Airways go to this link.
Is the flag carrier of Germany, the largest airline in Europe in terms of passengers carried, and the world’s fifth-largest airline in terms of overall passengers carried. Member of Star Alliance.
Hubs: Frankfurt Airport, and Munich Airport.
For more information regarding Lufthansa check this link.
Checked Baggage Allowance
Is the flag carrier and the second-largest airline of the United Arab Emirates, after Emirates. Etihad’s airline partners are in this link.
Hubs: Abu Dhabi International Airport.
For more information regarding Etihad Airways check this link.
- Note that airline policy can change from time to time so make sure to check the airline’s luggage policy before booking, or traveling.
- Always check the baggage allowance of the ticket of your choice before proceeding with your booking.
Are you ready to book your flights?
- 18 Things You Have To Do Before Boarding An Aircraft
- The 8 Benefits of Booking Online Rather Than Offline
- 9 Reasons Why Egyptians Don’t Travel Abroad
- 11 Experiences “Almost” Every Egyptian Traveller Has Been Through
Photo courtesy: google.com